Serious about Fundraisers
In 2014 we decided to donate $13,900 worth of pearls to 100 fundraising organizations.We knew this would be a stretch for our small company and yet we felt compelled to do our part.
In 2015 through 2017 we created individual jewelry with the sole purpose of donating all the profits to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.
In 2017 we broadened our focus and started donating to girls sports teams after learning that girls sports are highly underfunded.
And in 2018 we are creating a special oyster opening party with handmade rings created by the metal artist Sylvia Dawe!
Our contributions do not follow any political, religious or social affiliations, they simply had one thing in common:
All of the organizations we support are spearheaded by amazing women who work tirelessly to raise funds for the causes she believes in.
And this is important because the cause near and dear to our hearts is the support of women.
We believe women can move mountains.
So we do what we can to help those mountains move!
Still More to Do
But, we have more work to do….
- We have donated to Susan F., a local midwife who creates clean birthing kits for women in Haiti. She traveled to Haiti to deliver those kits.
- In April we donated our full retail profits to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on behalf of the wonderful fundraising efforts of Terri Staroska in Nashville, TN.
- Throughout the summer we focused our efforts on local and University organizations.
- This Fall we are working with United Way and Salvation Army.
- October sour month to contribute money from the sales of all of our pink pearls to the Breast Cancer Foundation.
- November is our month for the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia
- We are also proud to support Nashville’s PearlPoint Cancer Support.
As I mentioned, we have started donating to sports teams getting girls out and involved in moving their bodies, building a team and expanding their confidence. We are in love (and we support!) a local group called Strong Girls and the work of Melia Keeton-Digby and her work in Mother-Daughter Circles. We know there is so much work to be done and funds to raise and we are happy to be a part of it!
Thank You for Your Support
We love hearing about where women pour their love and energy and we are excited to help any way we can.
Simply by supporting The Pearl Girls you are supporting our fundraising efforts.
A Portion of Your Purchase
We are not asking YOU for more money, we are simply choosing to donate a portion of your purchase to many great causes.
Please reach out to us if we can help you too!
Makes a BIG Difference
We think that is something both men and women can get behind.
Because, sometimes men win our pearls in raffles and fundraisers…